Cadbury Nigeria launches healthy lifestyle programme today

Business News

Cadbury Nigeria Plc will perform the groundbreaking ceremony of its Healthy Lifestyle project today in Lagos.

In a statement on Thursday, the company said that the event is part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives. It will also be the first-ever Mondelez International Foundation-funded effort in Nigeria.

“Mondelēz International, an American company with an unrivalled portfolio of brands, owns 74.99% of shares in Cadbury Nigeria, while the remaining 25.01% of shares are held by a diverse group of indigenous, individual and institutional investors. The Mondelēz International Foundation is the community partnership arm of the company.

“Helen Keller International (HKI), which is executing the programme on behalf of the Mondelez Foundation and Cadbury Nigeria, has so far trained 130 stakeholders, including teachers, nutritionists and agriculturists in the project that will last for three years with a target of reaching about 6,000 children and families in nine schools within Ikeja Lagos, Cadbury Nigeria’s host community.

“The initiative seeks to teach children the importance of proper nutrition, physical activity and gardening through in-school and after-school activities,” said the statement.

Leave a Reply